Matt Kvesic

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Mac McNulty
Site Admin
Service Details: January 1972 - August 1994

Matt Kvesic

Postby Mac McNulty » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Fellas,

Its good to see the son of Major Mark Kvesic, King's Royal Hussars, Matt capped for England at openside Flanker.

His Dad was a Troop Corporal when I was SSM of A Squadron KRH. He was also a very good Rugby player and no doubt a few of us played against him when he was a Royal Hussar.

Last time I spoke with Mark at the 2011 Preston Reunion he was HQ Squadron Leader and obviously very proud of his son who was then playing for Worcester Warriors.

Matt played last Saturday and has been named in the England Squad for this Saturday's game against Argentina. I am sure you will join me and wish him a long and successful career.

Cheers

Mac

Bulldog
Service Details: 1970-1993

Re: Matt Kvesic

Postby Bulldog » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Hope this is the start of a great England career

well done lad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22822794

Dave D
Enjoy Life

Les
Service Details: 1959-1961 "D" Squadron DLOY
1961-1983 14th/20th Kings Hussars

Postby Les » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Bit after my time but all the best to the guy. Adds another interest to the game, hope the results as good as the last one.

dusty
Service Details: Joined 1968 Paderborn, demob Cattrick.

Postby dusty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Mac,

(Did I stamp on him or kick him) Sorry Ruck him out or remove him from the a affray. I loved play against the Royal Hussars, it was so easy to beat them. I did not realise you served with the red legs. I am however glad to see an hussar being selected for ENGLAND, I will watch the match at 1930hrs tonight.

No Offence Dusty.

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Postby tigger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 am

Dusty

if you stamped or kicked him it must have been in the bar afterwards as you were allways late to the break down :lol: in play

Cheers Trev
P.S. dont mention the bus ride back from Herford again

dusty

Postby dusty » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 am

OOOOOOh Trev,

Who got sent off and who never, ( such a violent young man)

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Postby tigger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:36 pm

In my defence your honor,

I did give the ref fair warning that if his back row forward (Rupert) hit me once more in the line out I was going to break his jaw (the players not the refs)

When the Rupert wacked me with his elbow in the back of the head and the ref didn;t blow I dealt with it in my own way.

Pity the Ref was the twats squadren leader, still the satisfaction of belting a officer full square in the chin and seeing the little shit curl up in a ball whimpering was great and just confirmed what I thought of the majority of Ruperts throughout my career.

The ones that were good were very good the ones that were bad I wouldn't piss on them.

I thought the three month ban a little excessive, still goes to show they all gang up together to hide and protect their own kind

:D :D :D :D :D :D

tigger

Postby tigger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Dusty if I dont get back to on this one its because I am travelling, off to Jordan tomorrow back in a few days

Cheers

Mac McNulty
Site Admin
Service Details: January 1972 - August 1994

Postby Mac McNulty » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Dusty,

You probably talked him to death in the set pieces!!

If I remember correctly you were always the target for the Second Row Piston and I cannot think for one minute why!!

Always remember that shiner you got playing the French in Berlin you made the Elephant Man look handsome.

Cheers

Mac

dusty

Postby dusty » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Mac,
Fractured eye and socket and fractured my skull, It was my fault, I was looking to see where the ref was so that I could take out their second row for stamping on our lads. When I looked back his head was in my way, the rest as they say is history.

I did how ever have a verbal altercation with a priest, at the Hamburg Sevens, he did tell me in no uncertain terms he would send me off if I took a player out whilst in the air catching the ball, that was before the rule regarding waiting for the players feet to touch Terra fer ma.

I did try to drag him into a loose so I could punch him, but he saw it coming . Te He He.

dusty

Postby dusty » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Again Mac,

I never received a second row piston from any one I was always to street wise . Remember that black guy at Sennelager believe his name was Sgt Brown, and he was, he certainly wanted a piece of you mate, but you declined. That was a good day all-round.

On this subject, I seem to remember when we were playing the QDG's, Trev Kicking Gareth Edwards in the ribs whilst on the floor, Garry lovegrove came across to remonstrate with Trev who proceeded to grab him and toss him around like a rag doll.

No offence thought Guys
Cheers Dusty.

dusty

Postby dusty » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 am

Trev,

I hope your journey to Jordan was safe one mate and as the song states, I look over Jordan and what did I see, Coming for to carry me home.

Well done the Lions for the win over the Aussies, I do hope the ref checked the ankles for shackle marks.

He He He
Dusty.

tigger

Postby tigger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 am

Ah the QDG's

I remember that match well, Mac.

It was at the SKC Pitch and Skip told me to take out the srum half I duly obliged and Taff Lovegrove took offence, I only tried to rehabilitate his outlook in view of the fact I was only following orders he he hee

Trev

dusty

Postby dusty » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 am

Hi Trev,

Thats correct Trev you had a stormer of a game mate.

Dusty

dusty

Postby dusty » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Just seen the stamp on Alun Jones, If that is not a stamp I will stand bulling in Woolwotrhs window. It is a clear stamp, and the guy needed stitches.

Lets have some retribution

Dusty.

Return to “Regimental Chat”