EMERSON ' LARRY ' HAMBLIN 14th/20th Kings Hussars

Please DO NOT raise New Bereavements in this Forum, inform Admin of the details: peter-farrell@sky.com
FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

EMERSON ' LARRY ' HAMBLIN 14th/20th Kings Hussars

Post by FERDY » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:05 pm

HAD THE FOLLOWING FROM BRIAN ' SOLLY ' MOULTON:-

" Just been informed (about an hour and a half ago) that Emerson "Larry" Hamblin died on the 17th August. I was making my usual monthly call to him at his home in Memsie, Aberdeenshire, only to be told of his passing. Spoke to his youngest daughter, Verona, who is up there organising arrangements.
Larry is to be buried in Barbados, but there will be a memorial service in Sheffield where a number of his relatives live. Verona is going to inform me when and where, but possibly around 6th September.
Larry has been suffering for a number of years now with Prostate cancer and other ailments, in fact, we had a bit of a contest going as to which of us would "Pop our clogs" first. Sadly, Larry won too soon. When I know more I'll let you all know.

R.I.P. dear friend, one of the characters of my era."
IMG_6076.JPG
IMG_6076.JPG (53.07 KiB) Viewed 842 times
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

john kerwin
Service Details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Re: EMERSON ' LARRY ' HAMBLIN 14th/20th Kings Hussars

Post by john kerwin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:03 am

R.I.P. Larry

Sam
Service Details: 19 Sept 1966 to 15 May 1989

Post by Sam » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am

Aman who was respected all who knew him may Rest In Peace and our thoughts go to family

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Post by 27 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am

R.I.P. Larry

Deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to his family.
YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Post by PINKY » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:12 pm

RIP Larry

Pinky

FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Post by FERDY » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 pm

LATEST, JUST IN FROM BRIAN MOULTON

Pete,
Do you want to add this to the Noah's Arc site obit for Larry please. Sent her a Regimental Flage to accompany him to his place of rest in Barbados.
Update on Emerson "Larry" Hamblin:
Larry's daughter Verona informed me that his body is now with an undertaker in Croydon, and is due to be repatriated to Barbados on Friday 14th September.
As she had to stay in Scotland to organise his transportation South, the planned memorial service in Sheffield is delayed, but as soon as I know more I'll post it on here (and also inform HHQ)
Should anyone want an address to which sympathy/condolence cards be sent, they should be sent to:

Ms Verona Hamblin
24 Harwood Court.,
Thorp Estate.
Sheffield.
S2 4SR
If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll: