JOHNNY MARCELLE

Please DO NOT raise New Bereavements in this Forum, inform Admin of the details: peter-farrell@sky.com
FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

JOHNNY MARCELLE

Postby FERDY » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:30 pm

It is with regret that we have to inform you of the passing, Today, of John Marcelle
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2631.JPG (68.41 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

A funeral service will be held on Tuesday 24th January 2017 at 11:00 am, at South Essex Crematorium, Ockendon Road, Upminster, RM14 2UY. All are welcome.

Family flowers only please. Donations in John’s memory will go to St Dunstan’s (Blind Veterans UK). A collection will be taken at the service, or donations may be sent via the Funeral Directors, Coop Funeral Care, 90 Dagenham Road, Rush Green, Romford, RM7 0TJ.

A reception will be held afterwards at The Royal British Legion, 54 Weston Road, Romford, RM1 3LP. Parking is available on site.

John is survived by his children Sandra, Tony and Nicholas. Should you wish to write, Sandra’s address is:

Sandra Hammond
24 Lincoln Avenue
Rush Green
Romford
RM7 0SR

The family plan to inter John’s ashes into the Regimental Columbarium on Sunday 12th November 2017.
To assist with planning, please inform HHQ if you are attending the funeral. Telephone: 01962 828539 or Email: RACHQ-KRH-HHQ-N-AdminOffr@mod.uk.

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Re: JOHNNY MARCELLE

Postby Bill Bentley » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Dear old 'Drag Arse', FEPD (four eyed poison dwarf) or what ever else people called Johnny Marcelle to me he was a friend ever since I stopped hating him. Shortly after I joined the JLR he took over as our SSM and boy was that an eye-opener. We all thought he was the meanest SOAB on the planet; he was rumoured to make people march until blood flowed out of the lace-holes in their boots. It was only when our own Brian Draper had a serious accident and Johnny took us to visit Brian in hospital that I saw a human being behind the uniform. It still took some years for us to strike up a real friendship. When I was involved in 'overseas security' Johnny's name was on everyone's tongue. He had been tasked to rescue some Arab who had been kidnapped and, as anyone who knew him would expect, he fulfilled his mission with bravur'a. The Arab wanted to honour Johnny accordingly and arranged a marriage for Johnny to his most precious daughter. This was not something that Johnny was keen on and so he did a bunk and had to lay low for a couple of years. In more recent years I was glad to be able to lend him my support in his own never ending support of our troops in the far flung corners of the world. What a guy, he got more Junior Leaders to join the 14/20th than anyone else I can think of. A HAWK through and through !

Where ever he has gone to, I do not doubt that he will be moulding a squadron, turning boys into men and men into soldiers. RiP old friend.

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 pm

RIP Johnny
Sounds like you were quite the soldier and Hussar sir.
Pinky

FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Postby FERDY » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Received from HHQ

WO2 J M MARCELLE
14TH/ 20TH KING’S HUSSARS 1948-1972

It is with sadness that we inform you of the death of WO2 John Michael Marcelle on Sunday 8th January 2017, aged 85.

A funeral service will be held on Tuesday 24th January 2017 at 11:00 am, at South Essex Crematorium, Ockendon Road, Upminster, RM14 2UY. All are welcome.

Family flowers only please. Donations in John’s memory will go to St Dunstan’s (Blind Veterans UK). A collection will be taken at the service, or donations may be sent via the Funeral Directors, Coop Funeral Care, 90 Dagenham Road, Rush Green, Romford, RM7 0TJ.

A reception will be held afterwards at The Royal British Legion, 54 Weston Road, Romford, RM1 3LP. Parking is available on site.

John is survived by his children Sandra, Tony and Nicholas. Should you wish to write, Sandra’s address is:

Sandra Hammond
24 Lincoln Avenue
Rush Green
Romford
RM7 0SR

The family plan to inter John’s ashes into the Regimental Columbarium on Sunday 12th November 2017.

To assist with planning, please inform HHQ if you are attending the funeral. Telephone: 01962 828539 or Email: RACHQ-KRH-HHQ-N-AdminOffr@mod.uk.

SP
Major (Retd) S Penkethman | Assistant Regimental Secretary | The King's Royal Hussars | Home Headquarters | Peninsula Barracks | WINCHESTER | SO23 8TS |
94271 5120 | 01962 828520| DII/F: RAC HQ-KRH-HHQ-N-RegtSecAsst | E-mail: RACHQ-KRH-HHQ-N-RegtSecAsst@mod.uk

j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

Postby j kerwin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 pm

RIP Little Big man.

mick burgess
Service Details: Joined Boy's Sqn RAC Sepy 1956
Joined B Sqn Berlin Dec 1958
Joined C Sqn Celle Feb 1960
Posted Hohne Regt came together1961
Benghazi, Cyprus, Perham Down, Lulworth,
Tidworth, Herford, Manchester, Lulworth,
Catterick, Munster 1992 KRH Lulworth.
Retired Dec 2006 after 50 years/6 months

Postby mick burgess » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:55 pm

As we all know a little man with a big mouth but above all a colossal heart and genuine human being who even suffering blindness still found space to help others during his latter years, will miss him at the reunions.
RIP old Hawk.

Return to “Messages of Condolence”