Bill Woodcock

Please DO NOT raise New Bereavements in this Forum, inform Admin of the details: peter-farrell@sky.com
PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 am

My deepest condolences to all his family .
RIP.

wheels406
Service Details: Joined A Sqn 14/20H 10th Jan 1976
Herford, Warminster, Hohne, NI, Belize, Catterick, Munster, JLR RAC, BATUS
KRH Dec 1992
Munster, NI, St Andrews UOTC
Left Regt in April 1998

Postby wheels406 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 am

Condolences to all Bills family. He will be sorley missed by all. RIP Billy.

jc

Bill's Funeral

Postby jc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:23 am

The funeral will be held at 2pm on Friday 1st August at the Woodland Crematorium, Scunthorpe, Brumby Wood Lane, Scunthorpe. DN17 1SP
Tel: 01724 747555.

Family flowers only. Donations can be sent to: Autismplus, Fieldside Court, 3 Field Road, Thorne, Doncaster. DN8 4AG. or friends attending can make a donation at the Crematorium.

After the funeral friends are welcome to join Jackie, Karen, William and families at the Forest Pines Hotel to celebrate the life of Bill. If you do wish to attend can you please inform Karen on: 01945 701000 so that numbers can be finalised for the hotel.

Forest Pines Hotel
Ermine street
Broughton
North Yorkshire
DN20 0AQ

Tel: 01652 650770

Karen has put a block of rooms on hold, anyone wanting to book should quote: Bill Woodcock.

Bill Butcher
Service Details: Joined 1961. Benghazi,Perham Down,Paderborne,Catterick,Hong Kong,Tidworth,Herford,Bovington,Hohne,Belfast,Deepcut

Premier Inn

Postby Bill Butcher » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Please Note that a PREMIER INN is only 3.7 miles away from the Crematorium, address below-:

Premier Inn
Lakeside Retail Park
Lakeside Parkway
Scunthorpe
DN16 3UA
Tel No 08701977226
Phil & Christine Midgley and I have booked in for the Friday Night.

John Rushton

Postby John Rushton » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:53 pm

It is with great saddness that I have just heard of Bills passing. He was without doubt a mans man, and will be sorely missed by all Hawks.
My fondest memory of Bill will be our time in NI with D Sqn when he was my SQMS,( oh happy days).
Unfortunately me and Dave Tunnicliffe will be away (Paderborn) on 1st of August but we will certainly be raising a glass to Bill.

Brads
Service Details: 1982 - Present

Postby Brads » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

It was with great sadness and suprise that I hear about Bill. I never really knew him when he was serving as I was very young trooper, i just remember the stories of an urban myth. He never forgot the Regt and regularly visited KRH WOs & Sgts Mess as he lived just down the road in Wiltshire, he was as well known in later days as he probably was in 1420H days.
Condolancies to Jackie and family

DAVE D
Service Details: 1968-2003 Served in B Sqn C Sqn HQ Sqn

Bill Woodcock

Postby DAVE D » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:47 pm

It was with great sadness and shock that I learned of Bills death. I will always remember Billy with great fondness,the great times we had with him when he was 5th troop Sgt in B Sqn. How I spent 2 weeks feeding him Everton mints in N.I. and the resulting pain when he found out(i've still got the scars.)He was without doubt a one off and will be greatly missed.
Unfortunately we will be out of the country at the time of his funeral and won't be able to attend, but myself, Colin Sutcliffe, Johnny Loines and our wives will lift a glass to him in fond memory on that Friday.

Our deepest sympathy to Jackie and his familyat this time

Dave and Margaret Dukes

jelda57

Message of Condolence

Postby jelda57 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:27 am

Our deepest sympathy to the family of Bill Woodcock. So sorry to hear of Bill's passing

From

Nobby & Lorraine Bek

Nobby now living at
44/60 Endeavour Bld.
Mango Hill. 4509. Qld
Australia.

Nobby served with Bill in Germany and Lybia.

Dai2974

Postby Dai2974 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 am

Heard the bad news from Bill's son.My thoughts go out to the family at this horrible time. There's not a lot that i can say that really has not been said. I'm not a Hawk. I'm ex RAF Regiment and worked with Bill at Boscombe Down. Believe me, Bill had a "small"reputation within the RAF. Everyone i spoke to had huge respect for this huge man. He decided that he was going to renovate an old saracen,with no luck we searched high and low for parts etc. Bill comes up with a fantastic idea of going onto the impact area on the plain to check out the targets. Off we went in the landrover,my dogs bouncing about in the back. Did we find any parts? Oh yes, blown all over the plain. Missed out on a days drinking but at least the dogs had a good day. You were a good mate and i missed our friday sessions. Cheers Bill. RIP

wendy LOWDEN

Postby wendy LOWDEN » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 am

Mum & I were very shocked to hear the news, of Bills passing.
Greatest sympathy to all the family.
Will be missed greatly at the reunions. Denise only been attending for 3 years but when I told her the news she knew exactly who I meant.
I'm sure Dad will be at the great Bar in the sky waiting for Bill. :cry:

MAGGOT
Service Details: MARCH 1962 -MARCH 71 ASQN. ADVANCE PARTYTO BENGHAZI BSQN. ADVANCE TO PERHAM DOWN HQ IBR CORPS BIELEFELD,PADERBORN,DEMOBBED TIDWORTH

Postby MAGGOT » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 pm

condolances to bill,s family at this sad time ,i worked with bill in the stables in benghazi,also he was my troop cpl on ex.vibrissa keep a place at the bar in the sky :cry:

nev henshaw

Postby nev henshaw » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Bill was a Hawk know by all, once met never forgotten.
He will be sadly missed by all.
Condolancess to all of Bill,s family.

Maxwall

condolences

Postby Maxwall » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am

Very sad to hear the news about Bill. I didnt really know him that well. As a member of the regiment I mourn the passing of a brother.
Max Wall

FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

Postby FERDY » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:52 am

Shocked to hear of the passing of one of lifes Great Characters.

Our condolences to His Family

Rest in Peace Bill

Eunice and Pete Farrell

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Postby Paul W. Baker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:00 pm

The amount of tributes left in this forum and the show of respect goes to show what a truly remarkable man Bill was. He gave me many a good word at reunions talking about dad and his / their time in the regiment.

The loss of such a man will be felt at reunions as the heavens fill up more and more with true and honorable men that were and always will be Hawks. I hope the pearly gates opened and he was welcomed by all those that have passed before him.

I would like to send my condolences to his family. My mother has been informed by me just and is equally shocked by this passing and also sends her deepest condolences.

Rest in Peace Bill.

Return to “Messages of Condolence”