Wombledon Final

Chat about any other sport.
Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Wombledon Final

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 am

Did you watch it. By the time it got to 13 all I felt compelled to go into the kitchen and iron a shirt for work this morning.
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Re: Wombledon Final

Postby Paul Keller » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:48 am

Mr Baldwin sir !
Nearly as entertaining as a Wastelands transfer bid !!!
I take it from Fergus Alexsons appearence and Michael B**locks attendance
at the final, that all the red tops will have him leading Uniteds midfield next season ?????
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Postby 27 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 am

Andy Murray to play in knee-length Wimbledon kilt

Scottish ace Andy Murray will skirt Lawn Tennis Association rules by playing at Wimbledon in a knee-length white kilt.

And the Queen’s champion had planned to say ‘balls’ to British tennis’ governing body by going ‘fully Scottish’ and passing on his underwear.

But an eleventh-hour appeal to Murray’s mother Judy will spare centre court crowds their most uncomfortable viewing since Sir Cliff Richard performed his hits in the rain in 1996.

There is nothing in the rules preventing Murray from wearing a skirt, a loophole which arose when the LTA altered the wording of their guidelines to avoid gender discrimination.

And we understand there was reluctance to challenge the UK’s top player over his lack of briefs for fear Murray would also claim discrimination, despite disquiet from the sport’s top administrators.

LTA officials were conscious that tradition dictates that a Scotsman should be free and unhindered underneath his kilt.

But a quiet word to Murray’s mum Judy will at least spare Wimbledon organisers a potential indecency storm.

Mrs Murray threatened to ground Andy for a month over the underpants row, which would have ruled the Wimbledon hopeful out for the remainder of the grass court season.

However, there could be more trouble in store for the LTA.

It has emerged that world number one Rafael Nadal is keen to defend his Wimbledon title in a traditional Spanish sombrero. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Postby 27 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Wimbledon funnyman tipped for stardom

The man who shouts “Come on, Tim!” when tennis star Andy Murray is about to serve is to get his own TV comedy show, writes Nigel Eels.

And Nigel Southmall, 43, a sales executive from Godalming, Surrey, is being tipped as the next Michael McIntyre after his hilarious centre court outbursts.

Divorcee Southmall has had spectators in stitches for the last two weeks by deliberately referencing former British tennis No 1 Tim Henman whenever Murray is on court, thereby creating a humorous anachronistic juxtaposition of player and shout.

In the last round, play had to be suspended for more than three hours as the umpire tried in vain to stop the laughter, while helpless BBC commentators John McEnroe and Sue Barker had to be given oxygen so
they could continue their match analysis.

Even dour Scot Murray admitted: “It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. On more than one occasion I have been serving to save match point but been unable to see the ball for the tears of laughter
streaming out of my eyes.”

TV executives have been quick to snap Southmall up. Later this year he will appear in a pilot show entitled “Come on, Nigel!” in which he will attend various major sporting events and attempt to reduce the crowd to hysterics.

Producer Elmyra Cunde told TNG: “Imagine the scene: the final of the world snooker, and Peter Ebdon has to pot the black to win. As he draws back his cue, Nigel shouts out “Come on, Steve” – which of
course is a hilarious reference to former world champion Steve Davis. It’s a ratings winner!”

In the USA, truck driver Lloyd Travers became an overnight star when he shouted “Get in the hole!” as Tiger Woods hit his tee shot on a 550-yard par five at the US Masters in 2006.

Funnyman Travers was subsequently given his own show in which he was beaten to death by Woods and other top golfers using a selection of middle irons in front of an estimated TV audience of 45million. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Return to “Sports Unlimited”