Thriller in Manila

Chat about any other sport.
Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Thriller in Manila

Postby 27 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:47 am

Due to unforeseen circumstances the sky multi room failed last night :( :( :( (Mon) so was only left with terrestial tv for the night. I remember the Ali v Frazier fights from my misspent youth and there was a brilliant documentary on called Thriller in Manila, shown on channel 4. It was the 3rd fight between them in 1975 it ended with Frazier's trainer Fuchs throwing the towel in before the start of 15th round . It was revealed that at the end of the 14th round Ali told his corner to cut his gloves off as he would not make the final round, behind Ali's corner was Frazier's rep ensuring no horse shoes were put in the gloves :lol: :lol: :lol: . He heard Ali say he could not go on, but he could not get Fuchs attention to let them know about it. Meanwhile across the ring Frazier was efffing and jeffing saying he wanted to fight on but Fuchs would not let him and threw in the towel :( :( :( . Ali could not get off his stool to celebrate as he was that done in it just made me think if only Frazier had stood up for the 15th round would Ali have quit :?: :?: :?:. The most amazing thing to come out of the film was that Joe Frazier had injured his left eye in 1967 and since then fought all his fights with restricted vision, only he and Eddie Fuchs knew about this and it was only revealed at the end of the film. It must be on DVD somewhere if you ever see it buy a copy it is a very good documentary. :) :) :)

Messrs Kellogs and Baldwin I will not be in disguise on Blackpool sea front selling above mentioned DVDs :shock: :shock: :shock: .

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Return to “Sports Unlimited”