European Championships 2012

This is the place to support the 'reds', the 'blues', the Brits - or anything football related.
PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: European Championships 2012

Postby PINKY » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

...but Al - Scotland never get to tournaments ?? (well not recent ones anyway) :lol: :lol: :lol:
atb
pinky 8)

PINKY

Postby PINKY » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Time will tell Al......... :wink:

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Postby Paul Keller » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 am

Mr Simper sir !
You thistlearses never let up do you's ?
Though in fairness, you did learn your lesson about winning expectantcy back in '78
in Argentina, when after being exulted as the future World Champions and the great British hope to beat the World, having just beaten us 2-0 in the Home Internationals at Crapden Park, you then went and got well battered by Peru, (and in fairness again they were a half decent side back then, even though they did kiss the Argies backsides by throwing there last match against them 6- something or other, to allow the Argies into the final on goal difference), you then stupendously only got a draw against Iran, (Iran, i ask yer ?????) and then you went and took Holland to the cleaners, (i'm sure they took a day off seeing as how they'd already qualified), but you did learn on that rare adventure playing with the big boys, (I believe Willie Johnston got sent home didn't he for being a naughty boy ??) that you are s***, always have been and that will never change !!!
Now, we might well be as s*** as you lot, according to Jock philosophy, but at least we will always need a planning organisation within the FA, for hotels, venues, travel arrangements, visits to local sights, hotels for the WAGS and evening sex sessions with them and this is the important point, DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS OF JUNE AND JULY !!!!!
Cause no matter how S*** you think we are, we do nearly always qualify, FROM OUR QUALIFICATION GROUP !!!! to play with the big boys !!!! (Except when we have a dick'ead in charge who uses a brolly at Wembley !!)
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

lawrie salkeld
Service Details: d sqn

Postby lawrie salkeld » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Mr Kellar," Thistlearses " where did you get that one, your holiday has certainly brought you back out fighting. wel done give the gooner the large my son, he deserves no better. lol :lol: :lol: Jocks eh. only there muffer could luv em. England will get to the semi finals, the reported team dont look bad at all.

£10 Mr Simper on that prediction, winnings to Noahs arc

lawrie
It is not just the oxen, that pulls the cart up the hill. But the birds that build there nests in the trees.

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Lawrie
My dear respected friend I hate to correct you but Muffer thats what you do to keep your ears warm !!!! you mean Muvver
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.

Postby Paul Keller » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 am

Mr Baldwin sir !
i thought muffer was something you engaged in with your other 'alf, sorry, half ???
Mr Salkeld sir !
The term "Thistlearses" was used in Hohne, can't remember who introduced me to it ??
And yes the holiday did me the world of good, would have no qualms in recommendeing Sharm-el-Shiek
for the ultimate chill out holiday !

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am

Paul
You are right how else do you keep your ears warm :lol: Oh and that would be arf.
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

williamo
Service Details: Regimental Band.
1951-1964.
Crookham,Sabratha,Kneller Hall, Piddlehinton, Munster, Hohne, Berlin, Bengazi, Bovington.

Postby williamo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

Paul Keller wrote:Mr Baldwin sir !
i thought muffer was something you engaged in with your other 'alf, sorry, half ???
Mr Salkeld sir !
The term "Thistlearses" was used in Hohne, can't remember who introduced me to it ??
And yes the holiday did me the world of good, would have no qualms in recommendeing Sharm-el-Shiek
for the ultimate chill out holiday !

I remembers thesaying "thistlearses" used in Berlin in 1960, think they they were referring
To theKOSB's, who were up the road and tried to rules the roost, "B" Squadron was not having any of that, there was many a skirmish on the late night tram from Charlottoborg to Spandau. Happy Days! Bill. :? :cry:

PINKY

Postby PINKY » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:11 pm

HEY YOU 4........WRONG THREAD !!

COME ON ENGLAND

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:34 pm

I say Pinky old chap
We were discussing alternative names and thier origins for Sweaty socks supporters. Although they dident Qualify some can be quite vociferous about our beloved land while others (Lawrie) lend us thier support. I admit though me and Paul did go slightly off track on my correcting an error in phraseolgy
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Paul Keller

Postby Paul Keller » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Pinky !
Chill man ! Any thread is ok in my book to have a good thistlearse wind up session !
Mr Williamo sir !
I remember Waggy giving B Sqn a blow by blow account of that night on first parade one morning when we were in Hohne, the KOSB's were in town for some reason and we were left with the impression that people have long memories and he didn't wanna a repeat !
Now for the most important point !
Bollox to the "Enton cordiale" lets go kick French ass !
Would prefer to flood the channel tunnel, but "Call me Dave " and the "Clegglet" ain't gonna let that 'appen !
Shame !

PINKY

Postby PINKY » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:51 am

Hi there,
Good defensive performance. I think we'll need to improve alot to get out of the group, but I think we'll manage it.
Result matters most.
Hope the Dutch beat the Germans.............
atb
pinky 8)

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Postby 27 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 pm

England players practised disappointed faces in training, reveals Hodgson

England manager Roy Hodgson has urged the Liverpool players amongst his 23-man squad not to recapture the form that they showed last season .

With England’s starting eleven expected to feature Glen Johnson, Steven Gerrard and Stewart Downing, and with striker Andy Carroll on the bench as a non-impact substitute, Hodgson has urged the Liverpool contingent to not play anything like they did last season.

“I’ve seen these players under-performing week in, week out for their club,” said Hodgson.

“If they bring their league form to the tournament then everyone back home can look forward to 90 minutes of aimless crosses floating harmlessly out of play, misplaced passes and being caught in possession.”

“And that’s just Stewart Downing.”

Hodgson also revealed that the players have been practising their disappointed faces in training.

“Of course you can’t recreate the pressure that goes with looking dejected at a major tournament, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try and prepare,” he revealed.

“We’ve spent a lot of time standing with our hands on our hips, shaking our heads, using our shirts to wipe away tears and practising interviews where we can’t put our finger on what went wrong.”

The former Fulham, Liverpool and West Brom manager went on to reveal he had no fears about using young players with little experience in playing at international level.

“I’m confident that the players who have no tournament experience can step up if called upon.”

“Wayne Rooney is suspended for the first two games, but he has spent time with the younger players showing them how to make obscene gestures at the England fans, and mouth-off at TV cameras.”

“Wayne’s disappointed that he can’t play in the first two games, but he’s hoping that if the lads do the business he’ll get the chance to tell the nation to fuck right off when we play Ukraine.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

PINKY

Postby PINKY » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 am

COME ON HOLLAND

JUST FOR ONCE CAN THE GERMANS GO OUT AT THE GROUP STAGE........GIVE SOME OTHER BUGGER A GO !!!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

ATB
Pinky 8)

Prendo

Postby Prendo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 am

It was a decent game, they play like United the Germans. :wink:

We should beat Sweden tomorrow :D it will be a good krombacher evening.
Anyone who is different from the ordinary is considered crazy, and I am happy to be considered so.
And Proud

Return to “Soccer”