Scholesy

This is the place to support the 'reds', the 'blues', the Brits - or anything football related.
Prendo

Scholesy

Postby Prendo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

I am allowed to use my wifes laptop tonight to watch Scholsey,s testimonial, as most of you know my computer is knackered , cant afford a new one at the mo.

Any way, Paul Scholes, footballer of the highest order, no airs and graces, no demands, no, I wanna join Madrid /Barcelona, I , dont like Manchester, no, I wanna be here there and everywhere. Footballer, for the love of the game, and not for big bucks, not greedy, not a Golden Balls, no, he was better than golden balls.

I,m sure all true football fans will join me in wishing one of Englands greatest footballers, all the best in your retirement from playing football.

Thank you Scholsey, a true legend, deserving of the title.
Anyone who is different from the ordinary is considered crazy, and I am happy to be considered so.
And Proud

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Scholesy

Postby PINKY » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 am

hi there,
totally agree..........if England would of played him in his best position consistantly.....results may of been different.
a class act,but not the best tackler lol. (ton of red cards :lol: )
Retired at the top in style.
atb
pinky 8)

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Postby 27 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:36 am

I agree not a primma donna like half of todays players.

ps: pity he could not tackle a bacon butty :) :) :)

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Postby Paul Keller » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm

If he could have tackled, then surely he would have been World Footballer of the Year at some point in his career ??
As for Beckham, he's not fit to lick his boots !!!
The Sunday People, a few years ago, did a column on the United teams reaction to Keano getting a pay rise upto 50k a week, (most wouldn't get out of bed for that now !!) Inter were after Keano at the time and were prepared to pay 18million for him on the said 50k a week. United naturally, had to react to it and philisophically agreed to his rise, stating quite rightly that "market value, had them by the balls!!"
The purpose of the Peoples story, was to imagine the reaction to the teams established stars and the list went something like this ::

Gary Neville : Will no doubt be shouting for contract talks, by defending his value to the team and the fact he's an England first team reguler.
Ryan Giggs : Will want a rise on time done alone in the first team or at least a huge increase in his image rights.
David Beckham : Posh will be there hammering on Fergies door screaming he's being victimised and should get the same !!
Paul Scholes : Doesn't even know what a pay rise is, or how much he's on, would play for nowt if he had to !!
Bout sums Scholesy to a tee !!
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

Meeks
Site Admin
Service Details: 14/20th 1975-1990. C Sqn, Cyprus, Hohne, B Sqn Berlin, Munster and various loans to Hq Sqn RHQ Tp etc.

Postby Meeks » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 pm

I was one of the privileged 75,000 who said goodbye to a player who really did deserve the tag, world class. He didn't disappoint with a trade mark strike!!
Still spraying the ball all around Old Trafford, movement made to look so easy, and the occasional mistimed? tackle!!
Farewell Scholesy,, a player that every modern star ?? should aspire to and one of the very few who brought an inner glow every time I watched him.
To get that sort of comment from 27 says all you need to know about the man :wink:
Keith

PS Watch out for Paul Pogba, could be a real player.
Live life to the full!

Return to “Soccer”