'Taff' Perry

Looking for an old mate? Is anyone looking for you? Post a message here or search for names you might have information on.
Dave Parky

'Taff' Perry

Postby Dave Parky » Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am

Anyone know what happened to Taff?? He was a Hawk institution for many years, and a great bloke as well. Just got to thinking about him today.
Dave.

denis
Service Details: 1968-1975

Re: 'Taff' Perry

Postby denis » Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 pm

remember taffs big mucker taff calloway another regimental institution
you could see the pennines from my window if it wasnt for the mosques inbetween

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Thu May 05, 2011 6:21 am

Along with Calla his English Bull Terrior that used to attack beer barrells in the NAAFI in Herford
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Dave Parky

Postby Dave Parky » Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 am

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin wrote:Along with Calla his English Bull Terrior that used to attack beer barrells in the NAAFI in Herford
Phil

From what I remember, it was Taff that used to attack beer barrels! Rotty Morris was another of his mates. I did hear that Taff had been in The Regiment since WW2, but I dont know if that was true.

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 am

Fairly certain that Taff died years ago. Try JC at Fulwood, he should be able to confirm.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

dusty
Service Details: Joined 1968 Paderborn, demob Cattrick.

Postby dusty » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Guys, Taff Perry still lives in Tidworth, and he is still alive, Taff Callaway lives in Blackpool, I visit him once a month work permitting. Cheers Dusty Binns...... B sqn.

Dave Parky

Postby Dave Parky » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:07 am

Cheers Dusty, glad to know they are both still going strong! :wink: :wink:

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Postby billy whittle » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Glad to know your still looking in on Noahs as well dusty, hope your keeping well :?: . Good to hear both Taffs are still with us as well just a pity we cant get them to a reunion sometime in the near future.

atb Billy

Ken Lamb
Service Details: 1968 Catterick, Paderborn, Libya, Sharjah, Singapore, Northern Ireland. 1974 Army Air Corps until 1978.

Postby Ken Lamb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 pm

dusty wrote:Hi Guys, Taff Perry still lives in Tidworth, and he is still alive, Taff Callaway lives in Blackpool, I visit him once a month work permitting. Cheers Dusty Binns...... B sqn.

Crikey Dusty, never seen or heard from you since i was in Tidworth in 72, hope you are well!
We will never get the good times back! But it's been a pleasure

dusty
Service Details: Joined 1968 Paderborn, demob Cattrick.

Postby dusty » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi ken long time no see mate,I think I took over from you in Sharja. Cheers Dusty.

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:09 am

Bill O'Driscoll asked me to post this
Phil

William O'Driscoll

Ref Taff Perry, if it's the same one that I knew, he was in the Regiment when i joined in 1951, so he must be some age, 90 at least? the man was a walking brewery, how his liver could last this long i'll never No?
Je n'oublierai pas

brcdrake
Service Details: Joined the ACC when I was 15, served with the Green Howards, RASC, BMH Hong Kong, joined C Sqn in Celle then Hohne from there to Tidworth, Bengazi and Cyprus leaving the Regt on return to UK. Then Outward Bound School in Towyn,
Then 3 years with 18th Sigs in Singapore then last years in uk first Wilton HQ last posting to 8th Signals Training Reg in Catterick leaving Army in 1975 after a Career lasting 25 Years

Postby brcdrake » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 pm

I remember both Taff Perry and Taff Callaway, Taff Calloway was Regimental Butcher in Tidworth and Libya, long may they both live, Brian

allen1
Service Details: Joined Regiment 1958. Posted to 'B' Sqn, Berlin. 1960 Posted to D&M Bovington. 1961 To Bulford then to Tripoli. Demob 1964.

Postby allen1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm

I was Taff's gunner in Berlin (1959). We had a great crew and Taff was one of the best commanders you could serve with. The only time I could have criticised him was one time on Soltau on our annual scheme. Taff had jumped off to answer the call of nature. Now this was during a really cold week and we were wearing our tank suits. After a while Taff returns jumps into the turret and orders the driver to start up and move off. Because of the cold Taff pops his head out of the turret decides to put the tank suit hood on. Sadly during his call of nature he had actually dumped into the hood. Not realising this (smell? what smell) the contents cascaded over his shoulders and into the gunners(mine)area. Took quite some time to clean up and flush the odour out. This was one "accident" that Taff ordered to be kept under wraps on pain of death. Kia Kaha Taff. Scouse Jones.

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 am

Nice story that Allen.

Two here of Taff on exercise Vibrissa (around 1967).
Benghazi_0065.jpg
Benghazi_0065.jpg (88.82 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Attachments
Benghazi_0064.jpg
Benghazi_0064.jpg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

j kerwin
Service Details: 2RTR NI. 1962 to 1966 A sqn 14/20kh Libya cyprus (un) perham down.

Postby j kerwin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:58 pm

I seem to remember one moonlit night in cyprus, Taff and I think Mick Bush were out in a ferret on a patrol. (After imbibing some local liquid) the vehicle went over a small cliff.I recall the report went something like, after coming round a bend the moon was as bright as can be.and we were blinded by this ultra bright moonlight.Or should that be (moonshine).

Return to “Where Is He Now ?”