It's amazing who you meet at football matches !

Looking for an old mate? Is anyone looking for you? Post a message here or search for names you might have information on.
Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

It's amazing who you meet at football matches !

Postby Paul Keller » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:10 am

Was at Old Trafford on Thursday (20/04/2017) for the United v Anderlecht match in the Europa League, minding my own business as I went about my stewarding job, pitchside, in front of the "Sir Bobby Charlton Stand" as part of the pitch incursion team, gazing happily across the lush green surface and thinking of the prospect of some Belgiuque drunken looney streaking from the away fans end, for whatever purpose he was happy to freeze his bollox off for in order to grab his 15 minutes of fame, when I thought I heard someone shout out "Keller".
Didn't think anything of it, till I thought, correction was sure, I heard it again and then again, so naturally curiosity got the better of me and I turned around to look at the fans in the South stand and low and behold I sighted a waving arm and a chap looking at me, from about 10 rows back, shouting my name.
Didn't recognise who it was, actually thought, "Who the f*@+ is that ??", "Do I f+#@>ng know you or what?", when the said chap started making his way down towards me.
As he came to the barrier, he smiled thrust out his hand to shake mine and as I looked at his face, his glasses gave it away as to who it was !
Only Dave Massey !!!!!
Alive and well and living on Merseyside !!!
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: It's amazing who you meet at football matches !

Postby PINKY » Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 am

Salfordian living in Merseyside - he must be ill.
Good catch Kels.
You missed a cracking reunion mate.
Atb
Pinky

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Re: It's amazing who you meet at football matches !

Postby Paul Keller » Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Appreciate that Pinky, but I've a lot going on in my world at present, which meant the reunion had to take a back seat, nothing bad I might add, but circumstances just didn't make it possible.
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that

And Trooper how's yer soul?

But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"

When the tanks began to roll!

Return to “Where Is He Now ?”