Our Memorial Is Now In Place

Discussions about a fitting memorial to the 14th/20th King's Hussars.
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Our Memorial Is Now In Place

Postby Bob_H » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:21 pm

I've just received this message from the Arboretum:

Dear Bob,

Yes, the stone for the 14th/20th King’s Hussars has now been laid, along with the 60 other Regimental paving stones. These are prominently located on the square between our visitor centre and the chapel. There are no other works happening at the moment as unfortunately there has been a delay with our redevelopment. Works are due to start next year and the stones will need to be lifted and re-laid at some point during the works to make sure they are not damaged. If you would like to bring a group of 10 or more to visit, I would ask that you liaise with Gill Welch, our group bookings administrator. Otherwise, please feel free to visit at any time. We are open from 9am to 5pm 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day.

I'm happy to arrange a Group visit. Who's up for it.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

DRAC
Service Details: 1961 TO 2001

Re: Our Memorial Is Now In Place

Postby DRAC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:42 pm

At last we have an up to date sitrep (Sadly - Post initial laying )
Strange that they wish to know when 10 plus can visit when hundreds arrive to pay homage every single day.
Denny and I are passing by the Arboretum in mid Dec so will see area of Regimental interest at that time
Drac

Return to “National Arboretum”