NATIONAL ARBORETUM DECISION

Discussions about a fitting memorial to the 14th/20th King's Hussars.
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

NATIONAL ARBORETUM DECISION

Postby Bob_H » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm pleased to provide the results of the Committee for the resolution of a memorial for 14/20H.

The document is now a PDF document. If you can't read it please let me know and I'll send a copy by email to you.

Click Here to View

(allow time to download- the document may not format perfectly for you)

A list of those who have already made a donation has been kept and will be added to as donations arrive. Should we arrange a trip in the future to celebrate the unveiling of our stone, persons on this list will receive priority - or a commemorative photo will be sent to them. Please donate now if you haven't done so. The Committee will also decide how funds received over and above our £2000 commitment will be cared for.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Mac McNulty
Site Admin
Service Details: January 1972 - August 1994

Re: NATIONAL ARBORETUM DECISION

Postby Mac McNulty » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Bob,

I am getting a file corrupt message,

But no worries I will support whatever the committee's decision is.

Cheers

Mac

Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Postby Bob_H » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Mac McNulty wrote:I am getting a file corrupt message,
Mac

Anyone else having problems downloading it? An email to you on its way Mac.

Stan Getz

Postby Stan Getz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Bob, seem to have the same error message as Mac. As Mac says I'm happy to go along with any decision the committee makes.
Andy (Stan Getz)

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Stan Getz wrote:Hi Bob, seem to have the same error message as Mac. As Mac says I'm happy to go along with any decision the committee makes.
Andy (Stan Getz)

Now converted to a PDF file. Please try again. (email on its way to you, Andy)

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Having arrived a little later, I have been able to read the pdf and agree with every word of what the committee have concluded. Well done and my thanks to all involved. All we need now are the rest of the donations.

Question: Who does the present plaque belong to ? What will happen to it when the new paving stone and KRH memorial are in position ? Would the owner be willing to auction it ... the proceeds going towards ... a memorial ?

If it is to remain where it is, after all it has been doing a great job to date, and IF we actually raise more funds than the required 2000,- pounds, perhaps we would be allowed to restore it for the owner ... as a thank you for quietly representing us all, all alone, for so long ...

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 am

Topic moved to our National Arboretum Forum

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Postby tigger » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Having read the committee's report I am happy with the decision to have a Paving stone with the Regimental Badge . I pondored the comments about NOAH's Ark having a Flag, my personnel view is if we could have both then lets go for it.

I accept that no soldier has served in the NOAH's Arc but would say this, this organisation has been a life support crutch to many who serveed it has allowed contacts to be made with friends and offered a real support to those members who without it would find life a lot harder, to witt I feel that the NOAH's arc desreves rocognition so why not a paving flag to demonstrate the good works it has accomplished

The issue of being incorperated on a memorial with the Kings Royal Hussars is one I am bitterly opposed to the Kings Royal Hussars are a brillient Regiment and I admire them for what they have done and what they continue to do in their short History. But we were never the Kings Royal Hussars so why don't we continue on the fund raising to achieve the aim of having a stand alone memorial to the Finest Cavalry Regiment in Modern Times, and mark the memory of all who served in her

Well thats my view

Cheers Trev

Return to “National Arboretum”