DANNY TOMLIN

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
FERDY
Service Details: 1963 - 1977
Catterick, Benghazi, Tidworth, Paderborn, Ireland, Perham Down,Ireland, Herford, Bovington. (Can't remember the order though, Brain Dead !! ) Oh and a lot of time spent at Bisley !!

DANNY TOMLIN

Postby FERDY » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:10 pm

STANDING ROOM ONLY AT THE CREMATORIUM !!!

I have just returned from Danny's Funeral, The Turnout was amazing, we figured that there were in excess of 150 people.

I think Jackie, and her son's Darren and Danny junior were a little taken aback by the number of Old Hawks in attendance, they arrived, in True Hawk fashion from all over the place.

Danny was ceremoniously Applauded into the Crematorium Chapel, His Casket draped with the Regimental Flag, and a No2 Dress Red hat on the top.

There was standing room only, and that overflowed to the outside !

Jackie and her Sons, thanked Noah's Arc Members for their attendance and for our floral Tribute to Danny.

They have taken the Wreath home with them, and the Boys say they want to use the Hawk image, to have Tattoo's in memory of their Dad ( Watch this Space )

I spoke with Jackie, and asked her not to forget us, and after a lovely cuddle, she said, " I'll be there next year " (her lads said they would make sure she was).

If you can stay calm when all around you is in Chaos, Then you have not properly understood the Situation!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: DANNY TOMLIN

Postby PINKY » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:08 am

HUSSAR

Return to “Regimental Chat”