UK Visit

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
rick aindow
Service Details: 1965 - 1980 started with C Sqn, went to A Sqn on promotion, finished in HQ Sqn Families Office. Postings inc. Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, NI, Tidworth, Herford, Various annual Snow Queens, 63 Army Youth Team, RAC Display Team, Hohne, Bovington

UK Visit

Post by rick aindow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Di and I are on a visit to the UK from Australia I am staying in Lymington from 20 to 27 June and am planning a drive down to Dorchester on the Tuesday of that week, would love to meet up with anyone who lives in the area for a drink in suitable pub if possible?
Trevor Batchelder has suggested the The Trumpet Major, East Dorchester on Tuesday, as I don't get of to the UK that often it would mean a lot to us if anyone could drop in and say 'G'day?
From Brisbane Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next

rick aindow
Service Details: 1965 - 1980 started with C Sqn, went to A Sqn on promotion, finished in HQ Sqn Families Office. Postings inc. Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, NI, Tidworth, Herford, Various annual Snow Queens, 63 Army Youth Team, RAC Display Team, Hohne, Bovington

Re: UK Visit

Post by rick aindow » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 am

Di and I had a lovely lunch in the Trumpeter Major pub in Dorchester, the following friends were able to attend this, which for me, a very special time. All with wives, Mick Burgess, Phil Midgley, Singe Powell, Ted Morris, Les Brierley, Trevor Batchelder, Paddy. It was also very special to meet up with Diane Eadesforth and Tina Leeming who was able to pop in a say hello and give us an update on Ian
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.29 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.51 KiB) Viewed 2297 times

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Post by Bill Bentley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 am

Well done to one and all, supporting Rick who had traveled so far ! Truly a meeting of the old and bold.

rick aindow

Post by rick aindow » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 am

Bill, it is quite humbling when old friends take the time and go out of there way to pop in and say hello

singe Powell
Service Details: 14th/20th Kings Hussars 25.05.1953-25.05-1977 Sabratha-Herford,

Post by singe Powell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 pm

It was great to see you again Rick, and many thanks for the Ko-arhler sport, hope you have a good trip back.