Tpr Sir J Boles Bart.

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Tpr Sir J Boles Bart.

Post by Brian Moulton » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Trawling through the 1952 Hawk came across an entry in B Sqn nominal role:

Trooper Sir J Boles, Bart.

Photo of the shooting team 1951 (52 Hawk page 54) shows a Boles on the back row

Can't find much initially on Google search, but I'm surmising it might be Jeremy John Fortescue Boles born 9 Jan 1932. 3rd Baronet of the BOLES of Bishop's Lydeard,Somerset. Must have been National Service 1951 time

Wonder if any of our more senior members might know something.

Library, Burkes Peerage comes to mind. He's apparently still alive and probably in the Somerset area.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

yorkydown
Service Details: joined regiment 1946 to 1956, served Catterick Crookham Tripoli then transferred to RASC/Rct in Tripoli then Uk Aden Bahran uh demobbed 1968

Re: Tpr Sir J Boles Bart.

Post by yorkydown » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Brian, yes I do remember Jeremy Boles very well. he was at Crookham, unfortunately lost respwect for him, used his money etc to pay troop members to do his cleaning and laundry etc, in fact i remember him doing 28 days for his filthy condition and outlook not a good example of a HAWK, he was National Service and left, good ridance. regards Ted

yorkydown
Service Details: joined regiment 1946 to 1956, served Catterick Crookham Tripoli then transferred to RASC/Rct in Tripoli then Uk Aden Bahran uh demobbed 1968

Re: Tpr Sir J Boles Bart.

Post by yorkydown » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:34 pm

yorkydown wrote:Hi Brian, yes I do remember Jeremy Boles very well. he was at Crookham, unfortunately lost respwect for him, used his money etc to pay troop members to do his cleaning and laundry etc, in fact i remember him doing 28 days for his filthy condition and outlook not a good example of a HAWK, he was National Service and left, good ridance. regards Ted