Olympics

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
williamo
Service Details: Regimental Band.
1951-1964.
Crookham,Sabratha,Kneller Hall, Piddlehinton, Munster, Hohne, Berlin, Bengazi, Bovington.

Olympics

Post by williamo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 pm

While watching the mens 200metres, I saw the name Lemaitre, it took me back 60 years to Crookham Camp and my first SSM, Jack Lemaitre, who remembers him? What a Gent, and a very fair disiplineairyun(?). A Perfect role modal for us boys as to what a true hussar is? :)

yorkydown
Service Details: joined regiment 1946 to 1956, served Catterick Crookham Tripoli then transferred to RASC/Rct in Tripoli then Uk Aden Bahran uh demobbed 1968

Re: Olympics

Post by yorkydown » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Bill, i remember Jack Lemaitre at Catterick, he then was Assualt Troop Sgt, a gent, as u did i saw the name Lemaitre at the olyimpics and wondered if any connection, jack did come fron Jersey, oh happy days Bill. have just got back from Sorrento Italy where my grandson got married, fab time and gallonsof Vino! chilled of course, take care Ted

williamo
Service Details: Regimental Band.
1951-1964.
Crookham,Sabratha,Kneller Hall, Piddlehinton, Munster, Hohne, Berlin, Bengazi, Bovington.

Re: Olympics

Post by williamo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm

yorkydown wrote:Hi Bill, i remember Jack Lemaitre at Catterick, he then was Assualt Troop Sgt, a gent, as u did i saw the name Lemaitre at the olyimpics and wondered if any connection, jack did come fron Jersey, oh happy days Bill. have just got back from Sorrento Italy where my grandson got married, fab time and gallonsof Vino! chilled of course, take care Ted

O sole mio! (just one cornet to), maybe Vino was the best idea, glad you are well Eddie Dear Friend. :D :)