Blackpool 2012

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Re: Blackpool 2012

Post by Brian Moulton » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:48 am

Ken

If you clicked the link in the post http://www.smilespwp.co.uk/Reunion%2016.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This should bring up a download box with options to Run or Save the file.

Best option is to Save and then run it from your hard drive. I think you have been on the website and found old reunion images. Higgins and others have not been to a reunion now for a few years.

On the one's you are asking about, I'll have to dig out the original files for a closer look and let you know later. Those were reunion 9 (six years ago).
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Ken ,
I think you'll find it was the photo's of 2010 you were looking at of Higgins and co :D :D :D We didn't stay in the savoy we all stayed in a B7B next door . this year we stayed in the main hotel i'm glad to say, fatcat was at this one as well as a few more from your Singapore days. Sorry you couldn't make it, hopefully you will be at the next one .

atb Billy

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Post by Brian Moulton » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 pm

It's not the 2010 images Billy. Just had a look at that one (Still on the website server http://www.smilespwp.co.uk/Reunion14.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Looking through them is a bit of a shock though, those there who are no longer with us.

Still think it's Reunion 9 that Ken's talking about. Go onto my website and the Hawks Pages and look at Reunion 9 ... Not very large images. If I do dig out the old files, I think I might make some presentations like this latest one. What do you think ?

Not got round to digging up the old reunions files yet. Maybe I should do a CD with all the past reunion images I've taken on it.

Incidentally, on your table, who was sitting next to Alan ? Just trying to do a version with names.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

yorkydown
Service Details: joined regiment 1946 to 1956, served Catterick Crookham Tripoli then transferred to RASC/Rct in Tripoli then Uk Aden Bahran uh demobbed 1968

Post by yorkydown » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Brian Moulton wrote:With regard to names on the photos. I'll attempt to put up a version with as many names as I can put to the faces, but it might take me a few days. I'll let you know when I've put something new up for downloading.
thanx Brian would be great help regards Ted

ALAN (GEORDIE) BROWN
Service Details: a sqn and mt 1979 to 1985

Post by ALAN (GEORDIE) BROWN » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 pm

well done to bob and all the comittee great weekend booked up for next year good company good food looking forward to seeing you all soon alan and yvonne :

ALAN (GEORDIE) BROWN
Service Details: a sqn and mt 1979 to 1985

Post by ALAN (GEORDIE) BROWN » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

great weekend ,great company, thanks to bob and the committee and to all the staff at the sheraton booked for next year looking forward to seeing you all again . alan and yvonne :

michaelgleadhill069
Service Details: 24233069 l/cpl michael gleadhill
served with14/20 kings hussars from sept 1971 until august 1980

Post by michaelgleadhill069 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 pm

i have to agree with evryone that this reuion was great my daughter also love the camrde ship and the family atmosphere at the do. looking forward to 2013 and hopefully seeing some more old freinds

thank you evry one :D :D

Ken Lamb
Service Details: 1968 Catterick, Paderborn, Libya, Sharjah, Singapore, Northern Ireland. 1974 Army Air Corps until 1978.

Post by Ken Lamb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Correct reunion9 it was! For some reason the link is only taking me to your page, so then i have to click on the 14th/20th link which opens the gallery with reunion9, I don't see any pictures at all in the hawk pages links and the link doesn't take me direct to the pics. I'm using a Mac, so I'll try again with my other laptop on windows see if that helps.

Okay I have them now, looks like a Mac problem slide show opened straight away on the laptop! Looking now! Very nice too I recall quite a few!
We will never get the good times back! But it's been a pleasure

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Brian,
you were right it was 2009, I've just checked and i found them on facebook of all places. On our table it was me then Alan 'fatcat 'Davies then my son David opposite was my Mrs Kay, Alan's wife Isabel then Davids G/friend Lisa. Great pics by the way. pity I can only put one or two names to the faces lol

atb Billy

micky stowell
Service Details: 1967 - 1979

Post by micky stowell » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 pm

hello bob and the comitee , thanks for a wonderful weekend , it was fantastic , i couldnt believe that i would meet jake after all these years , he.s just been over to my place for a visit , one of many i hope , !! one more request to fulfill my dream , can anyone get in contact with haggis , JOHN SMITH CAMPBELL , i would appreciate it if you could give me his address , thanks , sticky .....

kevman
Service Details: RHQ, PADERBORN 1965 - 'A' SQN PADERBORN - SINGAPORE - TIDWORTH - N.I (3) 1968 - 71, RAC Parachute Regt- TIDWORTH - N.I. 1972, RTU-RHQ TIDWORTH - HERFORD 1973 - 1974.

Post by kevman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Having risen from my pit, its great to see all those who attended the reunion had a great time. I am only sorrry that I could not make it due to unforseen circumstances.

However, for Solly and his new found friend and ex Hawk, Harry Sharp who did National Service in 1956/58..for him to rediscover his regimental number and service details, Harry, in the first instance, would need to complete a DPA SAR FORM 1694, available for download from the 'Veterans UK' web site. This has to be sent to: Army Personnel Centre Secretariat, Disclosures 2, Mail Point 515, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX. All the National Service records are retained by the MoD and held at this location and are still governed by various rules and regulations and hoops to jump through before any form of disclosure.

Keep 'em Sharp

Kev

Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 am

I knew I could depend on you Kevin, thanks. You really did miss a good one this year.

Ken

The blank Hawk pages on my web site after reunion 9 are blank, so you didn't miss anything. One day I may get round to filling them up with other photos.

If you have already managed to get the exe file then OK, I could produce a Mac compatible file but I'll wait until I get as many names on the photos before I put up amended files.

Mick Gleadhill - Can you email me with the names of those at your table - a la the photo, please. My email is brian@smilespwp.co.uk
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

Prendo

Post by Prendo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:50 am

Great weekend, credit goes to Bob and the organising commitee for all the hard work they put in, for such a wonderful weekend reunion. Many thanks. :D :D
Anyone who is different from the ordinary is considered crazy, and I am happy to be considered so.
And Proud

Ken Lamb
Service Details: 1968 Catterick, Paderborn, Libya, Sharjah, Singapore, Northern Ireland. 1974 Army Air Corps until 1978.

Post by Ken Lamb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Hey Brian,
I was reading an article about this guy in the US, who hit the big time with his camera, he's now turning over 100 million US$ a year. Though it's not as simple as it looks, it does take some creative work too lol.

http://www.createsticksandstones.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you could do numbers too for birth dates!
We will never get the good times back! But it's been a pleasure

Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Interesting Ken. It's food for thought, and $100,000,000 would certainly be nice. I'm working on a couple of things at present, although I have closed my studio down and I'm running my electroncs business down as well.

When it comes to photography, the British have a different outlook to Americans. The Americans, generally are in favour of regular family portraits, graduation photos and "Look I'm A CEO" shot. A lot of the British don't like sitting for photos, so the market is different here to a degree. Wedding photography over here, again, is different in comparison to France, Spain and Italy.

Anyway, thanks for the link Ken. Keep well.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton