Blackpool 2012

Talk about your time in the Regiment, the KRH, Military Life, Equipment - Let's keep the good memories going.
billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Blackpool 2012

Postby billy whittle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Well what can I say , After making the yearly cross pennine treck to Blackpool We can honestly say "What a corker of a week end ". it has to be the best yet one yet. I think the hotel (if a little bit hot in the rooms ) was great, the staff from the reception to the waitresses were some of the friendliest ever and couldn't do enough for you. The food was spot on , it was hot and very tasty no waiting to be served and all with a smile. I think the entertainment on the saturday far better than the Hoe down :lol: :lol: :lol: but you cant please everyone (but that isn't a criticism). I'm sure i can include my son & his partner along with myself and Kay in saying Thanks for a job well done to Bob and All the committee and seeing as were booked in for next year were looking forward to seeing you all again in 2013 . It's always great to see old faces year after year but it's even better to see faces from 20 or 30 years ago, Paddy O'Meara, Jake Fleming, Connie Constantine, Tony Smith (yes i know its only about 6 yrs since i saw him but i need a new watch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Anyway to everyone who turned up Well Done and HUSSAR

atb
Billy & Kay, David & Lisa

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Re: Blackpool 2012

Postby Brian Moulton » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:46 pm

I'll second that Billy, I think you have said everything I was going to say.

We found a new face (myself and Jeanette), who was sat on his own. Apparently his first time - Harry Sharp 14/20th 1956/1958 - National Service - Catterick/Munster and posted out to Scotland. He thoroughly enjoyed it, and even left his wife in hospital overnight to attend. He's a Blackpool lad and grew up with Phil Midgley, who he would like to get in touch with, unfortunately we couldn't find anyone with contact details for Phil.

You should have heard Harry's tale of his first tank park guard duty at Catterick in 56 (Hilarious). I think he's going to register on here so maybe he will relate the escapade.

Anyway, he reckons he'll be back next year with his wife.

Harry can't remember his army number and was asking what is the best way of finding it out. One for Billy or Kevman I think.

Looks like Harry's registered on here "Sharpy", welcome Harry.

Just to repeat Billy's words

Best Yet, Congratulations to all who made the effort to make it such a success.
Attachments
BrianH.jpg
Brian Hunter In The Mood
BrianH.jpg (146.84 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

HarryBennett
Service Details: REME 1951-63
14/20th KH 1963-76

Postby HarryBennett » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes we enjoyed ourselves too meeting up with (I was going to say old friends but they never seem to age!) friends of long standing. Hotel was fine and agree with the lovely staff there. Food was great too and music esp. Saturday night although a shame so many left to go into the other room - still a reunion is for meeting friends and chatting so everyone is entitled to do what they want. Thanks to Bob and the committee for organising another great weekend.
Harry and Pam

Mac McNulty
Site Admin
Service Details: January 1972 - August 1994

Postby Mac McNulty » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Fellas,

Although I only attended on Saturday night. I managed to get into the hotel at the very last minute 16:00hrs yesterday, it was a great night as always.

No complaints whatsoever a good venue, Staff friendly and polite, food good, beer cheap and friends aplenty.

Well done Bob and Committee and thank you very much.

Mac

PS Just had my slice of the Regimental Cake and that was good too!

Cheers

Johnny Morris
Service Details: Served from 1967 - 1992
Served in all SQNS (I include C Sqn as I was SSM of it but we always referred to it as BMT Sqn)
Finished as RQMS in 1992 and served with the regiment in Paderborne, Hong Kong & Singapore, Hohne, N.I. Bovington and Warminster,
Catterick & Muenster and Iraq
Postings:Rheindahlen, DLOY(Preston & Swinton),BMATT - Zimbabwe.

Postby Johnny Morris » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

For me every one is the best one and I thought the hotel etc was just about damn fine.

Seeing Rick Aindow, John (Pinky) Pinkerton and the Black un ( Bill Bingham) and then Jake Fleming was to me a real highlight

Long may we reign

My sincere regards to all

Johnny Morris

grumpygrandad
Service Details: Joined 14/20 (Regadged)after 5 RTR was disbanded.Served with Regt from 1969 unil discharge in 1979

Postby grumpygrandad » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Fellas,Although this was my first reunion in many a year I've got to say roll on next year.It was a pleasure seeing so many old friends, John Wood ,Sticky Stowell ,Paddy Cullen, Dave Drummond Bob Davies and John Morris.Well done to Bob and the committee.Hopefully I'll see you all again next year.Hussar

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Postby Brian Moulton » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Some of last night's photos as a slideshow can be found here:

http://www.smilespwp.co.uk/Reunion%2016.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Usual format, when you click on the link, you will get the option to RUN or SAVE the file. I would recommend you save it to your hard drive and then run it.

Had problems with the 35mm camera so the majority were taken with a small point and shoot camera. Apologies for the quality of some of the shots.

If you want a copy of any individual file, email me: brian@smilespwp.co.uk and I'll attach the file to the reply.

If you are running AVAST security protection, you may get some questions if you try "Running" the .exe file rather than Save and then Run. Any problems, contact me. If you want a MAC version, let me know and I'll create one and put it up on my website for downloading.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

fatcat
Service Details: Joined 1969 - 1973 Catterick Paderborn Singapore Tidworth

Postby fatcat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Well Done to Bob and the Team.
Had a great week-end Great company, Great Hotel, Food was spot on drinks were not over priced. Well done to Cath[Team Leader] and the rest of the staff could not do enough for you and very pleasant as well. Hoe down was not as good as the Saturday night but swings and round abouts.Great to see a good turn out and some new faces there as well I am sure there will be an even better turn out next year going off the comments people have made about this one all ready booked for next year so once again to Bob and the Committee Well done. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Alan[Fatcat] and Isabel.

Brian Hunter
Service Details: 1967 - 1973
B Squadron

Postby Brian Hunter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Another brilliant weekend, I think everything as already been said just want to thank Bob and the committe for all there hard work in making this a fabulous weekend.
Ya can take lad out o' Preston, but ya can't take Preston out o' lad

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 pm

I think it has all been said I am still in shock at Pinky being there Thanks to Bob and the commitee and all the staff at the hotel
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Bulldog
Service Details: 1970-1993

Postby Bulldog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am

Great weekend, once again thanks to Bob and the committee, for all their hard work on our behalf.
Thanks to the hotel and all staff for their hard work looking after us so well.

Thanks to all members who attended and supported the weekend.

And a special thanks to those that traveled from far off lands.

It was really good seeing , Rick Aindow, John Pinkerton and Mark Robson for the first time in many years

Hussar
Enjoy Life

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks to Brian Moulton for the photo's, no problem viewing at this end. Is there any chance of getting names added to the individuals ? I think that I only recognised 2 or 3 people for sure ... is it the thirty odd years or is it something else !
Glad everyone enjoyed the reunion, well done Bob and the team, atb Bill.

yorkydown
Service Details: joined regiment 1946 to 1956, served Catterick Crookham Tripoli then transferred to RASC/Rct in Tripoli then Uk Aden Bahran uh demobbed 1968

Postby yorkydown » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 am

GM all, what great photo!s of reunion, at 85 made me study all faces, i recognised 1 or two, but cannot put a name to them, so frustrating, however i will make spwecial effort next year to attend as now having moved back to yorkshire from Dorset Blackpool a bit nearer, dont travel to well these days, i especially seemed to knoe the trumpeter in the photos, perhaps Bill O!Gorman can enlighten me , i see Bill Bingham was also mentioned, surely not the Bill Bingham i knew at Catterick 1946 to 1950 time, we served as Cpls together, with Wally Taylor Sid Jude, Harry Bruce, Tom Cosgrove and many more, now rambling so must close, lovely to see a great family enjoying past times.

Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am

With regard to names on the photos. I'll attempt to put up a version with as many names as I can put to the faces, but it might take me a few days. I'll let you know when I've put something new up for downloading.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

Ken Lamb
Service Details: 1968 Catterick, Paderborn, Libya, Sharjah, Singapore, Northern Ireland. 1974 Army Air Corps until 1978.

Postby Ken Lamb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am

Brian, I'm not sure if i was on the right page for 2012, however i clicked the last reunion, the next was hawks page with nothing.

I was quite surprised to see Jim Higgins, Dave Holt, Alan (fat cat) Mick Askins not sure if the white haired one next too Jim Higgins is Steve Cox, or the dark haired guy on Jims left as we see it is Brian Askins. Can you confirm!
I thought I saw quite a number of A squadron from Singapore times on the pics.

:( sad that i missed it!
We will never get the good times back! But it's been a pleasure

Return to “Regimental Chat”