An Idiot Amongst Us !

Awards of the Regimental Rosette
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

An Idiot Amongst Us !

Postby Bob_H » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies,

There are occasions when we hear things that make us very sad.

It has been reported to me that someone, claiming to be from Noah's Arc, phoned Jenni at Home Headquarters (N) and gave her quite a lot of abuse about the paving stones at NMA, including such remarks as “well, it’s typical of all the things that have gone wrong since you took over in Home Headquarters”.

There are so many things grossly wrong with this.

Since JCs departure Jenni has stood in admirably in carrying out not only her own duties but in carrying out everything that needs to be done in the absence of a Regimental Secretary North, including arrangements for the recent Northern Reunion. This despicable attack is most unfair and inexcusable.

Naturally this coward did not give his name.

The error at the NMA was not caused by anyone involved with KRH. To make matters worse, Jenni wasn't involved at all. In fact she knew nothing about it.

A lot of people have worked very hard to raise our Club to the position it now enjoys. Most recently I have seen that we have become a highly respected organisation. Something that can easily be destroyed by this idiocy. A 'Hawk'? Maybe, but not a true Hawk, and definitely not representative of Noah's Arc.

I don't expect this person to come forward with an apology, but I do hope that you will get behind me in giving your sincere thanks and support to Jenni for everything she does, and has done, for HHQ. Naturally she is very upset.
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

DRAC
Service Details: 1961 TO 2001

Re: An Idiot Amongst Us !

Postby DRAC » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:20 pm

This is most unfair as Jennie has always worked with us, and is of great credit to the Northern area,, she is on her own in Fulwood and certainly does not deserve this abuse. The Hawk responsible should be ashamed of themselves, and I have two comments , firstly read the secretary's latest bulliten and you will be educated on the latest sitrep which indicates all is on line for the ceremony on the 12th Dec, and secondly if you feel that you want to 'rant ' at someone on the phone ring a committee member, not an innocent secretary just doing a job in difficult circumstances. We do not need this at this critical time when our relationships are improving
Drac

bryanlythgoe

Postby bryanlythgoe » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 pm

I will second what Drac and Bob have just posted. I wonder if this same so called Hawk will be on the phone to home HQ asking for help when they need it or are they still ante KRH with a big chip on their shoulder. Jenni knows the job inside out and goes to great lengths to keep the wheels in motion. By the way she is not collecting JC,s wages but wears 2 hats and is a credit to the civil service.

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Postby Bill Bentley » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 pm

How very, very sad !

Jennie has been an absolute stalwart in support of us and it is most unfair to have a go at her.
Who ever you are, be a man and send her a bunch of flowers with the word SORRY on the card.
We would be so lost without her sterling efforts on our behalf.

Bob, please appologise to her from 99,999% of us.

Bill

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:35 am

Shocking news, thought us 1420H types were better than this.............'there's always one'.
Pls name and shame if you can.
Pinky

charley
Service Details: 1959 JLR 1961 joined B Sqn on their return from Berlin.served in all Sqns at some time Left the Regiment in 1984

Postby charley » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:51 am

So sad.
bob it might be good to name
shame on you who ever you are !!!!!!!

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Wonder if this person even contributed ? I personally can't get too excited over a paving stone, after all it's been recognised and a promise to rectify the cock up has been made.

No reason at all to give Jenni a hard time. If you are the one, hope you are ashamed of yourself and if you had any balls, you would ring Jenni again and beg forgiveness. Bill Bentley's suggestion of flowers wouldn't go amiss.

When I read this I first of all thought "Tosser!". I haven't changed my mind.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

Return to “Announcements”