retirement

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
bodge
Service Details: A squadron 1952-1954

retirement

Postby bodge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 pm

> From The London Times:
>
> A Well-Planned Retirement
>
>
> Outside England’s Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant; the fees for cars ($1.40), for buses (about $7).
>
>
> Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent.
>
> The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee.
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 4903955647
> The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll.
>
>
> Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, or France, or Italy, is a man who'd apparently had a ticket booth installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day -- for 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars......and no one even knows his name.
>
>
> I think this is my favorite e-mail ever!
>
> Now why didn't I think of that?

Return to “General Chat”