Tony "Charlie" Cornes In Hospital

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Tony "Charlie" Cornes In Hospital

Postby Brian Moulton » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:52 am

Charlie has been transferred from Blackburn General Hospital to Pendle Community Hospital, Marsden Ward where he is slowly recovering from a stress related problem.

If anyone is around that area, I'm sure he'd appreciate a visit and a different topic of conversation.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

Bill Bentley
Service Details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 2 Para, DLOY- 1990

Re: Tony "Charlie" Cornes In Hospital

Postby Bill Bentley » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks for that Brian,

I remember Charlie well, he was my boss down in Lulworth, Range Troop. He wanted me to do the POL accounts for the range 'target pulling generator' (which had been made electric years earlier) I did the paperwork but refused to sign it, he was not happy but I am no push-over. We got on well enough though thereafter.

Last I heard he was Captain Charlie, sailing yachts around for the rich and noble. Hope he didn't get involved in bringing people across the Med, now that would be stressful :shock:

Should anybody find time to visit Charlie please pass on my regards and wish him a speedy recovery..

Return to “General Chat”