Noah's ARC visit to Aliwell Barracks - KRH

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Noah's ARC visit to Aliwell Barracks - KRH

Postby Paul W. Baker » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:02 pm

I have been talking to the Commanding Officer and the Regimental Sergeant Major about the ARC visiting the King's Royal Hussars so members can have a look at the army today, have a climb around Challenger 2, have a go on the simulators to see if the make the grade today, look around the messes and then join the WO's and Sgt's mess for some fun and games in the evening. The RSM has also said he would try and get accommodation for all that attend.

This has been met by the CO and RSM with approval and the RSM has said he would gladly open the doors to Noah's ARC at anytime doing everything mentioned and maybe more.

As yet we do not have a date in mind, but I know that this has been met with great excitement by some of the members I have spoken to already. The question is how many members would be willing to drive down to Tidworth for this planned weekend of fun? I have told RSM Joey Clough I would put the word out there and then give him some feedback as soon as I can.

Gentlemen, if you are interested in doing this please let me know. I would suggest it is something we can do in the new year at some point. Once I get feedback I will work on a date with the RSM. I look forward to your feedback.

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Re: Noah's ARC visit to Aliwell Barracks - KRH

Postby PINKY » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 am

WHAT A GREAT IDEA. WISH I WAS THERE...........

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Postby Paul W. Baker » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Can I just say how pleasantly surprised, and how very pleased I am to have received such amazing support for this idea. Firstly may I thank everyone.

Secondly: I have been asked by people to add their names to the list to attend. There is currently no list! I understand now how popular this idea is, and I will try to call the RSM tomorrow to get this idea into motion, but as yet it is very much just an idea which has the support of the King's Royal Hussars.

I did try to call the RSM today but he was not available to take the call, like I said I will try again tomorrow.

Initially I am thinking of asking for the 6th (departing on the 7th) February 2016, that is a Saturday, unless I hear of huge objections to that date of course.

Thank you once again

Paul Baker

Shep
Site Admin
Service Details: 1970-1990
C A & Hq Sqn

Postby Shep » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:45 pm

PINKY wrote:WHAT A GREAT IDEA. WISH I WAS THERE...........

Just one of the benefits of living in Canada John LOL
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results

PINKY
Service Details: Ex 1420H,left as a Sgt in March 2003 after 23 yrs service.

Postby PINKY » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 pm

I know Shep, I miss out on lots of stuff............not to mention decent beer and meat and potato pies........but we do get 8 months of WINTER as a consolation..........NOT.

Return to “General Chat”