The Gurkha Welfare Trust

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

The Gurkha Welfare Trust

Postby Bob_H » Tue May 12, 2015 6:54 am

The Gurkha Welfare Trust (GWT)

At our Reunion in 2014 we raised a total of £315 for the GWT.

I am pleased to say that our chosen charity this year will again be the GWT and fundraising will be led by our Gurkha friend from last year, Roy Davis Barnard.

Roy says "Fortunately my relatives are from the East (Rai) and only one sister has lost property in Gorkha, the centre of earthquake 60k from Katmandu. Lots of Gurkhas and veterans have been killed and others are in distress, so I would be pleased and honoured to attend your re-union"

The Chairman of the 6GR Association (Brian O'Bree) has written to me to say "...now the that the first response agencies have completed their job and left Nepal, the task now is to continue to help support the survivors and then eventually the rebuild and reconstruction in the medium to long term."

Please support the GWT by visiting our Shop on Friday & Saturday and/or make use of our collection buckets. Thank you.
https://www.gwt.org.uk/news/earthquake-appeal
Nepal-2.jpg
Nepal-2.jpg (166.58 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

Return to “General Chat”