oaps, have a big part to play in elections

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
mauricedunning

oaps, have a big part to play in elections

Post by mauricedunning » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:49 pm

these knacker scratching conservs have now anounced they intend to stop payments to oaps, for winter fuel payment, tv license, and bus passes by 2015.....but intend to give africa and asia half a billion pounds to help with contraception, have they lost their marbles....wait for the next general election !!!!!

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Re: oaps, have a big part to play in elections

Post by Brian Moulton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Think we should give all the mainstream parties a kick up the arse at the next election. The "working man's" party is just as bad and complacent, if not more so, than this lot.

Whose going to organise a mass rebellion of OAP voters and make sure that our votes really do count and shock the lot of them though ?
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

ALGY CAIN
Service Details: 1967-77. A and C Squadrons.

Post by ALGY CAIN » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I am lead to believe that they have formed a Veterans Party, if so and I was back in Blighty they would get my vote.

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Re: oaps, have a big part to play in elections - AMENDED

Post by Brian Moulton » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am

Just had a quick look at that Algy, http://www.theveteransparty.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't think that's the way to go though, they only have a blank page up, no manifesto.
And, you would need to inspire the other over 60's who have never served in the forces.

UKIP would probably be the best one (out of the present bad bunch) to support, although, I would like something more radical and with new ideas to support.

Wonder if there is an "OAP's Unite" Party. If not, maybe we could start it off.

Your suggestions for the manifesto here:

NO to religious gay marriages in UK (Civil ceremonies OK)

NO to the European Human Rights convention (Let's get out of it so we can get rid of the illegals easily).

YES to the return of Capital and Corporal punishment, with a proviso that any convictions brought about by stitching someone up because of sloppy or bent police work, would result in those responsible serving the same fate as those they stitched up.

YES to handing over Tony B'Liar to the Hague, Human Rights Court to answer charges for the war crimes he instigated.

Gordon Brown to be made to make payments to the state, to compensate us for the money he lost the country when selling off our gold reserves too cheaply.

NO free handouts of UK cash to third world countries ... Make them work to improve their lot and invest directly, bypassing the arseholes at the top who cream off most of the donations.

YES to limiting the amount of time a person can be in government to 2 terms of 5 years (NO more career politicians). Same for Local Government. More action on easily being able to get rid of a poorly performing MP before his/her term is up.

Kids not able to graduate to the next tier of schooling until they were competent at the basic "three R's", and stop any promotion of sloppy "Rap Crap" speech.

A limit on the number of children a couple may have (2 ?). Couple's (NOT the state) financially responsible for their children up to the age of 18.

All university graduates who gained their degrees via free education and are now in highly paid positions because of their qualifications, be served with a bill (minimum £30,000) to be paid back to the state over 20 years.

Members of The Houses of Commons and Lords, found in any way of abusing their positions for personal gain be stripped of all titles and privileges and be made to pay back compensation to the state.

No niqabs allowed in public places/schools.

Road fund licence replaced by an additional 1p per litre tax on Petrol/Diesel, this money to be invested primarily on the maintenance and renewal of road surfaces (those using the roads more, pay the greater cost of upkeep).

Scooter users (disabled or just too idle to walk) on public footpaths/roads must have been found competent by testing before they can purchase/use these machines.

Footballers and other sportsmen (?) feigning or overplaying injury during the course of a game to be made to leave the field of play and be checked out fully in a dressing room before being allowed to continue. No substitute allowed to take his/her place, until the check has been completed. Same player, needing treatment for injury a second time in similar circumstances would need clearance from a NHS hospital, after checks there had been carried out. Team in question to foot the NHS bill.
Camera technology to be used in all sports, to confirm/deny disputes.

Drug users, once banned from sports, not be allowed back into the sport at any cost.

Tinted windows on vehicles not be allowed, giving other drivers the chance of contemplating what the driver of the vehicle in front, is likely to do, or is doing.

Noisy exhausts on cars not allowed. Any car found with an exhaust enhanced to create an unnecessary level of noise, to be taken off the road immediately, and any recovery charges to be borne by the owner.

Speed bumps to be replaced by chicanes, designed in such a way as to force even boy racers to have to slow down.

No parking within 200 metres of any school during the morning, lunchtime and end of school periods. Parents of special needs (disabled) children will be accommodated.

Think that's enough contributions from myself. What think YOU ?

OAP's UNITE .... LET's GET RID OF THE S***E !!
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 am

Solly,

unfortunately being in Australia I have no say in the way the UK is run so it would be remiss of me to suggest anything but then again I have always been remiss in the past so why stop now.

From what I have seen of the UKIP, thanks to You Tube and Nigel Farage he would d be my favourite.

On your manifesto the second point would be almost impossible to achieve as the wankers in the past signed a binding agreement when they joined (cap in hand). In light of the sorry state of the EU it might be possible to "force' them to amend the European Human Rights to what I imagine most of the Europeans (Not those tossers in Brussels) want and seem to need.

On the Law and Order side it should be made compulsory for members of parole boards to be charged as accessories to any crimes committed by prisoners they kindly released. (Pipe dream as all the above is)

Arnie (On his soap box again.

Arnie
Service Details: 14/20H, 1959-1962 Hohne, Munchen Gladbach, 1962-1964 Benghazi, Cyprus and Tripoli. 1965-1967 7 Armd Bde Soltau.
Tranferred into Int Corps. 1967-1970 NI, 1970-1971 Singapore, 1971-1972 HK,1972-1974 NI, 1974-1976 NITAT(UK), 1976-1979 Berlin, 1979-1981 Preston. 1981 Retired

Post by Arnie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:48 am

Last submission of mine should have at the end of the third paragraph... by a threat to withdraw or cecede from the E U.

Arnie

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am

Brian
Just one of your points I find a bit off. I have 3 sons which one do I kill
Phil

Service Details: Jan 75 -- Aug 87 Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne NI Catterick

Post by 27 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 am

Arnie.

If anyone can be arsed to look up the number of people quoting the European human rights act to escape deportation, they will undoubtedly find that the majority of them are non European anyway. People such as that hook handed twat Hamza for example and all the civil (give me loads of money) lawyers like Cherie Bliar.

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?

Les
Service Details: 1959-1961 "D" Squadron DLOY
1961-1983 14th/20th Kings Hussars

Post by Les » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 pm

You have my vote Mr Moulton, Sir :lol:

Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

From you Les, that's a real compliment.

Arnie - Bet you are still more British than say, Baroness Warsi, so your comments are valid. You could be our overseas ambassador to the Antipodes.

Phil - I'm not advocating killing any of your existing children. Maybe a better idea would be to tackle it from a different viewpoint. Once your tackle has been used to sire two children then it is surgically rendered useless from a reproductive point of view. Females could be similarly doctored to help reduce future populations.

Think I might produce a manifesto "Thoughts of Chairman Sol". Watch this space.

(Remember - Most of what I say is tongue in cheek - MOST!!)
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Brian
Thanks for clearing that up my boys can come out of hiding. I am glad I have done with producing nippers there aint no one coming near my parts with something sharp.
One way to stop more kids is to come home drunk as a skunk singing at the top of your voice "I'm in the mood for love" That way she pretends to be asleep resulting in no nooky and no nagging.

Phil

kevman
Service Details: RHQ, PADERBORN 1965 - 'A' SQN PADERBORN - SINGAPORE - TIDWORTH - N.I (3) 1968 - 71, RAC Parachute Regt- TIDWORTH - N.I. 1972, RTU-RHQ TIDWORTH - HERFORD 1973 - 1974.

Post by kevman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm

OMG Brian! Talk about a can of worms..!! To be honest I do not know just where to start on these issues. To 'Get things off my chest' as it were, would take up the entire forum. I'm with Solly on this and carries my vote.

Kev

Brian Moulton

Post by Brian Moulton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 am

Come on Maurice, You started it !!
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

mauricedunning

Post by mauricedunning » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 pm

i,m putting a contract out on the government ar...oles brian might get it done for nowt

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Dont give it to G4S.
Phil