barton grange church service

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
mauricedunning

barton grange church service

Post by mauricedunning » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 pm

anyone going to the service this sunday at barton grange ?

bryanlythgoe

Re: barton grange church service

Post by bryanlythgoe » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Reunion this weekend at Barton Grange if you have not got a ticket yet bear in mind home hq closes at 12 fridays. The Guidon is coming up for the church service with the usual guard.

tigger
Service Details: JLR RAC 1971-1972, 14/20 kh 1972 - 1992. Herford, Bovinton, Cyprus, Omagh, Warminster, Hohne, Croyden, Catterick, Manchester, Munster, NI tours, Gulf 1,

Post by tigger » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:44 am

Brian

I cannot attend this year as I am over seas, (I will take time to commemerate our past members) please pass on my regards to all

Cheers Trev Jones

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

Sadly due to other commitments we wont be at this years Northern reunion, Hope it is as good as usual.

Hussar.

atb Billy

bryanlythgoe

Post by bryanlythgoe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:07 pm

just got back from church service at Barton Grange I had the honour to lay a reef in the regt chapel I was deeply moved by the occasion,. A good evening was had by all who attended the Sat night do and the bar persons were very hard at work. Marched to church behind the Regt Guidon and that was another proud moment. The vicar gave a good performance and we all had a good singsong. Plans for next year hope to include a march through Preston for the Regts homecoming from Afghanistan. Please note that a scrap book has been put together by myself on the gulf war and is held in Home HQ fulwood, if you have any more photos of our time in the gulf and you would like them entered in the book please forward them to Home HQ and I will stick them in Please put captions with them as my memory has faded alot since then and I struggle to put names to faces. There are plenty of tank shots but we need faces of guys doing thier bit for Queen and country.

Bob_H
Site Admin
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Post by Bob_H » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Some photos of the parade from Sheila & Mick Fogg
Owfen born and Warburtons bred :lol:

mickmcgowan

Post by mickmcgowan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:50 am

GOD BLESS ALL HUSSARS FOR EVER AND A DAY CHEERS TO YOU ALL. I HAVE THE FONDEST MEMORIES TO LIVE WITH BYE ALL. MICK SENIOR MCGOWAN