REUNION 12 2008

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

REUNION 12 2008

Postby Bob_H » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Here's the first Report and some photos from Reunion 2008. I'm sure there will be more to come soon but have a first look:

http://www.1420h.org.uk/reunion/reunion12.html :lol:

Bob_H

MAGGOT
Service Details: MARCH 1962 -MARCH 71 ASQN. ADVANCE PARTYTO BENGHAZI BSQN. ADVANCE TO PERHAM DOWN HQ IBR CORPS BIELEFELD,PADERBORN,DEMOBBED TIDWORTH

Postby MAGGOT » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:03 pm

ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO THE COMMITEE FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE I REMEMBERED :lol: :D

Brains
Service Details: REME 1964 -1973
REME Worrkshops HQ UNFICYP 1966
LAD REME 25 Field Squadron RE Paderborn 1967
B Sqn LAD 14th/20th King's Hussars Paderborn 1967-70 & Hong Kong 1970-73

reunion 12 2008

Postby Brains » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Many thanks, Bob and committee for another excellent 'family' reunion - looking forward to Blackpool next year

Quassie, we missed you!

Brian Parsley

Jim Bond

Reunion 12

Postby Jim Bond » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Bob and his team again did us proud, many thanks for your efforts it was an excellent weekend
Jimmy Bond

kevman

REUNION 2008

Postby kevman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Marvellous - wonderful time, many congratulations to the committee, another coup. Looking forward to next year and Blackpool. Don't sell John any more traffle tickets!!!!!!

Brian Hunter
Service Details: 1967 - 1973
B Squadron

Postby Brian Hunter » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks to Bob and the commitee for all the hard work they have done to produce another great re-union.
Ya can take lad out o' Preston, but ya can't take Preston out o' lad

Johnny Morris
Service Details: Served from 1967 - 1992
Served in all SQNS (I include C Sqn as I was SSM of it but we always referred to it as BMT Sqn)
Finished as RQMS in 1992 and served with the regiment in Paderborne, Hong Kong & Singapore, Hohne, N.I. Bovington and Warminster,
Catterick & Muenster and Iraq
Postings:Rheindahlen, DLOY(Preston & Swinton),BMATT - Zimbabwe.

Postby Johnny Morris » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 am

It was great to see everyone again and as usual Bob & The committe did us proud.

Blackpool will be great I am sure and I will see you all there again next year and hopefully I will make Dorchester and Preston this year if my back holds out!!!!

Regards to all
Johnny Morris

kay

Postby kay » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:08 am

:lol: hi bob,
just tried to book room on line at the savoy for next year but say's it's fully booked. Rang them was told unable to give a price for rooms as still in disscussion with committe to ring back in a months time.,is this right .
kay :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bob_H
Service Details: DLOY from 1961 to 1966. Joined 1420H at Perham Down in 1966 to 1978. RAOC from 1978 to 1988.

Postby Bob_H » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 am

Kay,

It's likely you spoke to the wrong person (what are hotels like? :lol: ). I've got loads of booking forms here so I'll pop one in the post for you.

Bob_H

John Clements
Service Details: Joined 14th/20th Kings Hussars 1962 to 1968 Benghazi Tripoli Cyprus (un) homeheadquarters.

Postby John Clements » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 pm

my two granddaughters had a brilliant time they asked me to thank every one who made them welcome they though it was going to be boring then they said how much they enjoyed the evening, they keep asking me if they can come next year.

john

PS they said tell johnny Morris they will put his back right for him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hursty139

Southport 08

Postby hursty139 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Firstly thanks to the commitee, for a really good night, it was nice to see alot of old faces.

but again there were a fews noises about the food, the food in its self was fine, but there was no puddings and no coffee, i thought after last years comments, this was to be brought to the attention and something sorted. In the respects of having the coffee etc.

Clarification is also required with regards to 09 reunion at Blackpool, the paper work given out at Southport, states a set price for the 2 or 3 days ie 80pp for two days or 100pp for three days, it goes on to say that breakfast and the four course meal and the entertainment is included in the price, but at the bottom it says the reunion tickets are seperate, so what is the price of the tickets for if the price of the rooms include the above?. :P

If the tickets are bought for just the saturday night part of the weekend will this still include the four course banquet as listed or not. :P

And have you any info as to the entertainment for next year, ie, is it a disco or is there something else in the pipeline. :P

I would also like to enquire if the commitee plan on doing any fund raisers throughout the year, this would enable much needed funds for the club, its just a thought,

warm regards

hursty :) :) :)

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Wayne / all,

Thanks for your comments and reminding me to make some clarification. Details below will hopefully answer your questions:

1) We approached the hotel about a sweet and coffee but the cost quoted would have needed us to increase the cost of the Noahs Arc ticket to over £20 and that's something we do not want to do. Unless you know otherwise not many asked about these but I'm delighted to say that next year the Banquet DOES include further courses, including coffee.

2) Reunion 09. The price quoted of £80pp (two days) and £100pp (three days) we feel is a great deal from the Hotel. It includes Bed & Breakfast for all days you stay and dinner is included if you stay Thursday and/or Sunday evening. (this compares with a cost of over £100 for two days B&B at the Southport hotel).

3) The ticket price for Noahs Arc covers the buffet on Friday, the banquet on Saturday and other costs like Discos, sparkling wine toasts, and correspondence (paper, ink, envelopes & postage etc.). This year the buffet was charged at £5.50 per head (Friday) and £16.50 per head (Saturday). As you can see there is negative change out of your £20 - in fact the cost to us is greater but we are able to stand the overhead with income from the Draw and Shop sales and members' donations. The buffets and entertainment are in italics and have a * to show what the tickets cover and the Booking Form has been changed to make this clearer. The Hotel invoice me separately for these costs - which makes sense when we recognise that we will have some attendees that don't need accommodation.

4) Noahs Arc tickets cover everything listed in the previous para and the price is fixed at £20 (even though the buffets will cost more next year) no matter how many nights you stay.

5) The Disco is already booked for Saturday next year but we're still looking at Friday and will hold a Committee meeting in a few weeks time to take it forward. It had been intended that Terry Carter would play the piano on Friday this year but the Hotel couldn't provide a piano in the Balmoral suite. Next year Terry (we hope) will again be available and I have the promise from another member that he will be playing the pipes for us.

6) Fund-raising is always on the Agenda and again will be discussed at the next meeting.

If Wayne, or any other member, has any ideas or suggestions please get them to me before the meeting which incidentally can be attended by anyone interested - I'll post the date, time and location once known.

Brian Moulton
Service Details: 1964 - 1973 Benghazi, Perham Down, Paderborn, Tidworth (brief 5 week stint in Hong Kong), N. Ireland

Skype name: Brian Moulton

Postby Brian Moulton » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:29 pm

See if you can coax Alf Angel out of retirement. (Tell him that "X" factor agents will be there or something).

Trying to think of anyone else who could sing. Any suggestions.
Regards

Brian "Solly" Moulton

If it's not broke ........ Mess about with it, until it is !!

Believe it or not. I'm not Jewish.
Just a very careful Christian with short arms and deep pockets !!

Bob_H

Postby Bob_H » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Brian Moulton wrote:Trying to think of anyone else who could sing. Any suggestions.

Solly Moulton?

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Site Admin
Service Details: Joined the regiment from training Sept 70 joined B.Sqn Nov 70 in Hong Kong D Sqn in 77 Hq in 82 left in 92

Postby Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Howsabout Ginge Mayal and big Geof Hutchingson. Also Dave Dukes used to do a bit i beleave.
Phil
Je n'oublierai pas

Return to “General Chat”