BROTHERS IN ARMS (gurkha"s)

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
fatcat
Service Details: Joined 1969 - 1973 Catterick Paderborn Singapore Tidworth

Post by fatcat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:28 am

What a disgrace this Government is just signed up

David Moss

Post by David Moss » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:33 am

Signed.

Makes you wonder what it's all about sometimes, doesn't it? We (and I mean the armed forces in general) put our lives on the line for this country, and it's really clear that there are some who don't give that a moment's consideration.

Any European can come and live and work here whenever they feel like it, but the Gurkhas are refused that right?!! Seriously unimpressed.

%^&$*($ politicians.

Sheriff Marshall
Service Details: 1975 - 1997

Post by Sheriff Marshall » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:18 pm

What we should do is stick the whole of the cabinet in 1 section and send them to the front line for a couple of months, maybe then they would have at least an idea of the stupid day to day decisions they aimlessly make.
if nothing else I have my humor

Paul W. Baker
Site Admin
Service Details: 1420H 1978 - 1989
RH 1991 - 1992
KRH 1992 - 2003

Disgraceful

Post by Paul W. Baker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Yet we allow the Poles, Bulgarians and other East Europeans in who have no intension of doing anything. A truely shocking and embarrasing state of affairs. This Government has a way of making feel ashamed to be British.

Signed!!

jonah

Post by jonah » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:54 pm

Whilst we're bashing the current administration, don't forget it was always so under the previous lot. At least this lot allowed more recent Gurkhas to stay, perhaps provoking debate as to whether the rest could be given leave...
Women, can't live with em. Can't shoot em...

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin wrote:What a great idea + the bookies would have a field day giving odds on how long each bunch of thieves and liars would last.
Phil
Jonah
You are right However I think most will agree with my previous post.
Phil

David Moss

Post by David Moss » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Absolutely right, Jonah.

Politicians are like that whatever colour rosette they wear - with one or two notable exceptions, of course.

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:11 pm

I agree 100% with everything you have all said, the way the Gurkhas are being treated is absolutely disgusting, to see them handing there medals back was soul destroying. After everything they have done for this country the whole government should hang there heads in shame, how they can walk the streets and say they do what is best for our country i dont know. i signed the petion as well. atb Billy :x :x

Butch

gurkhas

Post by Butch » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:03 pm

PETITION SIGNED AND I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THATS BEEN SAID. THIS GOVERNMENT IS NOT ONLY TREATING OUR OWN BOYS BADLY BUT SHOWING NO RESPECT FOR OUR BRAVE ALLIES.BUTCH EX C SQDN ONE OF BILLYS BOYS 59-68

Wanny
Service Details: Served Sept. 1979 untill Sept.84 mainly based in Hohne
( A Sqn 4th Troop )

Post by Wanny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 pm

I completely agree with everybody's sentiments any government that turn's it's back on the very people who fought for their political freedoms deserves to loose any right to call themselves the voice of the people.
The fact that these grovelling, self satisfying yes men (and women! ) want to be a politician should automaticaly disqualify them from being one!!! :x

Ps. I'm in the Royal Hallamshire Hospital on wednesday for an opp and was just wondering if Billy could put a word in for me because allthough I will be coming in from Manchester my dad was actually a jock so i'm not realy from Lancashire ! :lol:
Dont think it, DO IT !

Paul Keller
Service Details: Hohne Nov '78 till June '85, Catterick June '85 till June '87, with six months Belize, March '86 till Sept '86.
Sennelager, June 87 till March '88, March '88 till Oct '90,

Post by Paul Keller » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Best wishes Wanny for the op, thoughts are with you!
Then it's Trooper this, an Trooper that
And Trooper how's yer soul?
But it's "Hawks are bloody 'ero's"
When the tanks began to roll!

Phil(Quassie)Baldwin

Post by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 am

Wanny
Hope all goes well in the Hospital.
My mum was a Jock However I was born in London that makes me a Londoner with a mum that was a Jock.
Phil

mauricedunning

gurkha brothers

Post by mauricedunning » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:51 am

the best...they should be allowed to stay. if they went to poland and changed their nationallity they would be allowed and recv full benefits, in this country. fit to fight...not fit to stay ! what a load of tripe.

billy whittle
Service Details: 1970 - 1980. 'B'sqn HK and Herford and NI, 'HQ' sqn Herford and Bovington. 'Veh ' Sqn Bovington, 'D'sqn Hohne, and NI then 'HQ' sqn till demob,

Post by billy whittle » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 am

wanny hope all goes well with your op, what dept are you under? my mrs does'nt work there anymore, she wasd in the opthalmic dept before she had to retire through ill health but she still knows a few nurses and docs take care . Billy

Freaks Parkinson

Post by Freaks Parkinson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:33 am

:evil:
I cannot believe that anyone would object to any foreign national, who has served our country, having the right to citizenship.
I there anyone out there who does object????? (apart from the brain dead nazis who profess to be "Nationalists!")

I met a lad in Colchester who had "left" the army to join the French Foreign Legion 2 REP, he would have been offered French citizenship when he finished his term of service.

Its crazy the UK is bleeding money like never before, its a joke, no wonder everyone wants to leave!

:)
Hi Wan all the best with the op, speak to you soon!
Freaks