Ta Bob for the spelling lesson.

Guten abend.

Arnie :D :D :D :D :D :D
by Bill Bentley
Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sir Winston Churchill

Yesterday was the 50th aniversary of the funeral of Sir Winston Churchill. To me he will always be a hero, as a soldier and as a politician. Sure he made mistakes, but those who don't make mistakes will never make anything. Mistakes are a part of gaining experience. At the end of the day it is the s...
by Ian Neilson
Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Assistant Regimental Secretary in HHQ(N)

A great deal of strong feelings are evident in this thread and feel I would like to make a personal point. Personally I have not the slightest feelings of affiliation to the successor to our beloved 14/20 kings Hussars that I joined in Manchester back in December 1960. Having said that, the KRH are ...
by Les
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I retired almost ten years before the amalgamation so never served with the present regiment. I too have had my say about the mentality of merging a good northern regiment with one from the south. At the end of the day though the youngsters of today are wearing the same cap badge I wore and have don...
by Phil(Quassie)Baldwin
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bob
I would like Carol Vorderman beneath but I aint getting her and you aint getting the Emperor :-)
by williamo
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I served in the 14/20th Kings Hussars from 1951-1964, with great pride. I have however served along side, in Massed Bands, with the 10th,11th, and so many other famouus Cavalry Regiments, and although there was plenty of rivalry and Banter, Never any bitterness, i am sure theNew Generation of Hawks ...
by mick burgess
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Old Hawks, Is it not time to put this to bed!!! Having worn both a blue/brown beret with our Prussian Eagle in it for 50 years and 6mths I would to think I am proud of both 14/20th and KRH. You may not know this but when JC gave notice the post was advertised and due to civil/mod rules the post w...
by williamo
Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Age alone must see the KRH TAKING A BIGGER ROLL IN ALL AFFAIRS REGIMENTAL, WE WHO SERVED AS 14/20th Kings Hussars are not getting any younger?
by Hawk195
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mick

thanks for understanding what I was trying to get across. But you must admit you came across rather strong. Where was the job advertised? in the MOD magazine? Well that's got that bit over.
by tigger
Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Censorship

Thank you Bob that clarifies it as you said in a nutshell.
by Shep
Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newsletter February 2015

Cheers Bob
Know you have been busy and still make time to keep us up to date

Shep
by Lynn
Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Undeliverable Email

I'm on there Bob, I will update it on my profile page .thank you
by Baggers
Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Future of Home Headquarters (North)

I must admit I was dismayed when I first heard this a few weeks back but that was my lack of knowledge thinking it was a RH driven change and I apologise for that. Now reading this and seeing who is the author, in whom I have every faith, I can only see a need for this and although I know the upset ...
by Hawk195
Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Future of Home Headquarters (North)

well what's new. I firstly must say that the way the army is being cut, it is only to be expected that cash is short. This in turn means it makes sense to close Home HQ North. If you are reading this Jenni you will be missed having worked so well for us, hope you manage to get a good job. At least w...
by Bill Bentley
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members only

Sounds like a good idea to me as much of what is said is of little interest to outsiders and our family squabbles can be kept more private. Also, when I log on I am always curious to note that 5, 10, and often 15 other people are 'online' but I'm usually the only bugger named. The NSA won't have to ...

Adverts will never appear above this line.
Ignore them by all means, but using them might contribute to the cost of hosting this website.

Noah's Arc - 14th/20th King's... at easyfundraising.org.uk